Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school sponsored by the Congregation of Holy Cross, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in ethnicity, talent, and culture. As a community of faith, Notre Dame strives to form each student spiritually, intellectually, and socially to recognize the dignity of all persons and to serve the evolving needs of the world. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
The Information Systems Manager reports to the Director of Information Systems & the Director of Technology and administers, evaluates, designs, implements, and maintains the school’s databases while providing the necessary technical support to all end users. The employment is full-time, classified exempt.
The ideal candidate will be required to spend significant time working closely with the technology and fundraising offices in facilitating and supporting the use of information systems on campus. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in managing multiple databases and implementing data management policies.
- Database Management
- Works with the Director of Information Systems to administer all Technology systems and serves as the primary person for the administration, advancement, and utilization of the fundraising database.
- Manage access levels with the Directors to secure all systems and the respective data associated with each system to minimize security breaches.
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issues: Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems, working with outside vendors/technical support as needed, and documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Effectively collaborate on and manage technology projects across departments with a keen understanding of what is required for the successful implementation of new technology platforms and tools.
- Trains staff on the use of the school’s standard software applications and databases. All processes and best practices must be documented.
- Analyzes and evaluates database systems and user needs to provide the Director of Information Systems recommendations and solutions to parallel overall school strategies.
- Develops strategies for and manages the implementation of database consolidations to streamline efficiencies as needed throughout the school, and participates in planning and execution of future upgrades and technology enhancements.
- Conducts global changes and/or data imports to maintain data, and periodically eliminates obsolete query, export, and report parameter settings. Performs regular data hygiene tasks in order to maintain database integrity.
- Remains informed on software updates, upgrades, and additional services.
Database Optimization & Reporting
- Implement quality control mechanisms to maintain accurate data files; recommends and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for Information Systems when necessary.
- Is the point person for Technology/Fundraising data requests. Produces accurate and timely reports for staff as needed.
- Create customized insights and dashboards for Fundraisers with more dynamic real-time reporting.
- Works with the Gift Processing and Database Analyst to ensure gift lifecycles are fulfilled and remain in compliance.
- Guides analysis by creating custom reports, dashboards, and lists to track Fund and Campaign performance as well as moves management.
- Work closely with and support other members of the Technology Department as needed, e.g., help desk assistance, iPad support, special projects, hardware/network support, etc.
- Configure, distribute, collect, and store devices and accessories.
- Maintain a current technology inventory and regular maintenance plan with the Director of Infrastructure and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Systems/Director of Technology.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred or equivalent work experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technology-based field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Professional training and/or certification in advanced use and administration of relational databases.
- Minimum 2 years of relational database experience on a variety of programs.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint, ability to train end-users to intermediate and advanced levels.
- Highly organized, with superior problem resolution and analytical skills.
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Support the Catholic mission of Notre Dame High School.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all constituents.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to carry or lift equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Current driver’s license and ability to drive for occasional pick-up or drop-off of supplies/ equipment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable in supporting and promoting the Catholic, Holy Cross mission of Notre Dame High School.
- Fingerprint (Live Scan) and criminal background clearance.
- National Catholic Risk Retention Group VIRTUS Program Training.
- Valid driver’s license and occasional use of personal, insured vehicle for school purposes.
- Lifting and carrying lightweight equipment or boxes (10-25lbs.); walking to various campus locations.
- Sitting, operation of computers for lengthy periods of time.
- Possible travel for seminars, workshops, continuing education, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible hours are necessary, with occasional work during nights and weekends.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA firstname.lastname@example.org