Mary & Joseph Retreat Center is a sacred and beautiful place where people of faith have found spiritual renewal, unity, healing, and peace. Annually, we welcome and serve the spiritual needs of more than 12,000 people on their faith journey – by sponsoring spiritual retreats or events, and providing hospitality to independent organizations holding their own religious, educational, personal development, or staff retreats.
The Hospitality Leader — a part-time position – will team with the full-time hospitality leader to directly, or through supervision of the Hospitality Associates staff, ensure that all who contact and/or visit Mary & Joseph Retreat Center are welcomed, and that their needs, whether as a guest, presenter, or interested party, are met with care, friendliness and competence.
Hours: Friday through Sunday, 9:00 am – 5:30 p.m. — other days as needed and scheduled to provide the best coverage during busy times.
- As a member of the Calendar Team, participate in weekly meetings with Conference Director to create and maintain on-line schedule of all retreats and activities in current and future months.
- Give tours to prospective hosted retreat group leaders.
- Assist Conference Director in responding to inquiries for rates or costs of hosted retreats.
- Assist Conference Director in preparing draft agreements for hosted retreats.
- Communicate, as needed, with prospective or scheduled hosted retreat group leaders.
- Communicate, as needed, with potential or scheduled leaders of MJRC sponsored retreat programs.
- As a member of the Retreat Set-Up and Facilities Team: participate in weekly meetings with other key staff to coordinate logistics of guest room assignments, meeting room set-ups, catering arrangements, and chapel facility needs for the week ahead; maintain, summarize, and distribute notes of meeting conclusions as requested.
- As a member of either the Bookstore Team or IT/AV Team: participate in monthly meetings with other key staff to address any specific needs or propose new initiatives; maintain, summarize, and distribute notes of meeting conclusions as requested.
- As a member of the Mission Team: participate in monthly meetings to design, schedule, and plan MJRC sponsored retreat programs for future months; contribute to discussion and evaluation of any other matters considered important to the spiritual mission of MJRC during such meetings; maintain, summarize, and distribute notes of meeting discussions and conclusions as requested.
- Maintain, and update as needed, instructions listed in the Hospitality Associates Book.
- Schedule, train, and supervise Hospitality Associates with the understanding that they are the “face” of the Retreat Center; ensure procedures are completed, and act as a Hospitality Associate if necessary.
Qualifications — General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including ability to listen, present information and follow-up.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and serve as a role model to train or lead other team members.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, solve problems and change priorities as necessary.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Excellent computer and software skills, including on-line calendars, databases, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
Send letter of interest and resume to:
Paul Craig, Executive Director
Mary & Joseph Retreat Center
5300 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Mary & Joseph Retreat Center (Rancho Palos Verdes)
5300 Crest Road
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA firstname.lastname@example.org