St. Anthony High School provides an affordable Catholic co-educational, college preparatory education to students from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds in the greater Long Beach area. We are committed to academic excellence and the spiritual, social, physical and intellectual development of each student within a safe, caring, faith-based community. Students are prepared to become morally aware, academically capable leaders who are outstanding contributors in a complex technological and global society.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Theatre Arts Program at St. Anthony High School is integral to the school community and the Academy for the Arts, a program that provides rigorous arts education experiences for students interested in pursuing their artistic disciplines in more depth. The Theatre Arts Program puts on two full-length productions (1 play/1 musical or 2 musicals) that are highly anticipated events each year. In addition to directing and producing the after-school productions, the Theatre Arts Teacher / Director also teaches a full course load of theatre classes during the academic day.
The successful candidate will have:
– Knowledge of contemporary and classic plays/musicals
– Knowledge of contemporary trends in the field
– Ability to select and implement appropriate season and curricular programming that meet the needs of the program, community, students, and budget.
– Ability to research and stay current with collegiate and professional trends and requirements.
– Professional and collegiate connections that may be hired for additional assistance as appropriate.
– Strong creative and administrative acumen.
– Highly collaborative and organized leader.
– Capacity to thrive under pressure.
– Ability to fundraise and work within a budget.
– Innovative growth mindset to continually grow the program.
Additionally, we seek a Theatre Arts Teacher / Director who is committed to:
– Maintaining professional standards; modeling the faith life and exemplifying the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Church.
– Encouraging students to become more aware of the message of Christ and of their own dignity and self-worth through a variety of experiences.
– Developing in the students a greater appreciation for multiculturalism so that they can better serve the local and global community.
– Collaborating with students, parents, and faculty to ensure exceptional delivery of the Theater Arts curriculum.
– Effectively and regularly collaborate with administrators to ensure the academic success of the school and its students.
– Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Jose De Vera, Vice Principal. No phone calls please.
– BA or BFA in Theatre Arts, Technical Theatre & Design, Directing/Performance, or Educational Theatre
– Practical knowledge and experience in stage directing, performance, producing, and at least 1 technical/design discipline (costumes, scenic, lighting, or sound)
– Comprehensive knowledge and ability to teach Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced theatre courses (that cover theatre history and theory, acting and directing techniques, and new work development) as well as Technical Theatre and Musical Theatre.
– MA or MFA in Theatre Arts or Educational Theatre
– Intent to obtain the newly created Theatre Arts single subject teaching credential
– Ability and expertise to either music direct or choreograph in addition to directing
Production experience at the professional, university, or community level
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
3717 Locust Ave
Long Beach, CA email@example.com