St. Bernard High School is considering applications for a High School Science Social Studies Teacher for the 2022/2023 academic school year. The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the content areas and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies. The candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing a curriculum to reach the needs of all learners. This position includes courses in World History, US History, AP US History, Government, Economics, AP Government, and Honors Economics. The candidate will also effectively collaborate with colleagues to integrate the Humanities department goals as well as the school mission.
St. Bernard High School: Founded in 1957, St. Bernard High School is a co-educational, Catholic college preparatory high school whose mission is to assist students in finding their passion and developing that passion through curricular, co-curricular, and Christian service experiences as we prepare them for heaven, college, and career. St. Bernard seeks faculty and staff who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and engaging students in their development. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting.
To learn more about all of the wonderful aspects of the school, please visit our website at www.stbernardhs.org
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Social Studies or similar course of study (Master’s Degree)
• Teaching credential general secondary or single subject (preferred)
• At least one (1) year of teaching experience as a High School Social Studies Teacher, AP History (desired)
• Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete them by due dates
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
• Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
• Ability to maintain files accurately, on paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
St. Bernard HS (Playa del Rey)
9100 Falmouth Ave
St. Bernard High School
Playa del Rey, CA firstname.lastname@example.org