Bishop Alemany High School, a co-educational Catholic High School owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, is accepting applications for the position of President beginning in the 2023-2024 school year.
Bishop Alemany is a community of students enriched by faith that develops intellectually prepared men and women who are committed to promoting a just and peaceful world as conscientious and morally courageous leaders in service to others. The Alemany Family is driven by its core values and aims to be a community Enlightened in Faith, Enriched as Community, Inspired by Excellence, Empowered to Succeed, Committed to Serve. Bishop Alemany has a strong tradition of academic, co-curricular, and athletic excellence.
Reporting to the Department of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the President is the Chief Executive Officer of the school, and as such, holds full responsibility for implementation of the school mission and all other aspects of the school’s business operations. The President is directly responsible for the external affairs of the school, for ensuring sufficient resources, sound fiscal management and financial stability of the school through direct oversight of the business operations, development, alumni, community relations and enrollment management activities. The inaugural President has the unique opportunity to form a consultative board and promote the good reputation and values of the school to the external community. Working collaboratively with the school Principal, the President will provide enthusiastic, mission-centered leadership to ensure strong academic and co-curricular programs permeated by the Catholic faith.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledgeable and practicing Catholic with a thorough understanding of Catholic school philosophy
- Completed or is willing to complete basic catechist training
- Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic educational leadership
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Business Management, or related field
- Business skills necessary to manage a financial budget and develop strategic and annual plans
- Possess the skills necessary to effectively market the strengths of a school, build community relationships, and drive fundraising activities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders, and to build creative and mutually beneficial relationships within the philanthropic community, alumni, and corporate and non-profit sectors.
- Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success, preferably in the non-profit sector and with foundations.
- Significant visionary leadership and management experience, with demonstrated success in addressing immediate organizational needs while driving toward longer-term goals with buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Experience building, coaching, and empowering effective teams and holding team members accountable for performance
Essential Leadership Characteristics:
- Ability to balance decisive leadership with respectful collaboration and inclusivity
- Excellent oral and written communication and motivational skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in providing visionary, dynamic, and entrepreneurial leadership
- The ability or demonstrated performance in overseeing and directing a multifaceted operation, including fundraising, public relations, facility maintenance and enhancement, fiscal management, and supervision of senior personnel
- Intellectual, organizational, and managerial skills with an ability to lead others in long-term planning
- Attitudes characterized by creativity, initiative, and optimism
- Ability to effectively represent the school and the Church
Application Deadline: November 14, 2022
Position Starting Date: July 1, 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following:
- A letter of interest indicating how your skills, knowledge, and experience match the philosophy and values of Catholic education and Bishop Alemany High School
- Complete résumé
- A list of professional references with telephone numbers; written reference letters may also be provided
Please submit the requested information to:
Casey Yeazel, Chief of Leadership and Governance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Bishop Alemany President Position
Bishop Alemany High School (Mission Hills)
11111 N Alemany Dr
Mission Hills, CA email@example.com