Don Bosco Technical Institute is a Catholic high school, located in the San Gabriel Valley, that offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum that uniquely integrates academics and technology to qualified young men of all religious, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Guided by the Salesian educational system of St. John Bosco, the school prepares and equips students to be life-long learners who are dedicated men of faith and integrity, committed to leading successful lives of distinguished service and social justice.
We offer a unique science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) program to male high school students looking to qualify for 4-year college admissions in any of these fields. Our campus boasts over 75,000 square feet of classroom and lab space dedicated to teaching a wide variety of STEM and pre-engineering courses. Our instructors bring their own university and career experiences into the classroom, using project-based learning to prepare our students for college and beyond.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Bosco Tech is seeking, for the fall 2021 placement, a full-time high school level Life Science instructor. The qualified candidate will be responsible for student instruction in college-prepatory level biology and other life science classes. A background in teaching biology, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology, or integrated science is preferred.
Candidates must demonstrate strong classroom management skills and be able to prepare and execute detailed, age-appropriate lesson plans which will include subject matter content, multiple instructional modalities, hands-on labs and varied assessments. A candidate with experience teaching guided by the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTED JOB SKILLS
Preference will be given to bearers of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related major. A valid California teaching credential is preferred, as is applicable experience.
Salary is determined by education level, work experience, and based on the faculty salary scale.
Expected job skills include:
- The ability to effectively use a computer with the current version of MS Windows software along with the MS Office suite of programs. The school also utilizes Google Education and their suite of programs, so familiarity with the software is a plus.
- Effective organizational skills are a must, as are excellent oral and written communication skills, and being comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Collaborative work skills are essential, as well as being open to new ideas and learning.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF…
- You enjoy being a part of a close-knit school community.
- You have the heart and empathy to work together with families to help students succeed.
- You understand that learning takes place both inside and outside of class time.
- You have a passion for anything dealing with science, math, engineering, or technology.
- You are dedicated to making a difference in a young person’s life through education.
- You hold yourself to a high personal standard of work and have a strong drive to pursue excellence.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
Don Bosco Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91770TechHR@boscotech.edu