The successful candidate must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the content areas and be able to engage students using a wide variety of teaching strategies. The candidate must be highly skilled at planning, organizing, and developing a curriculum to meet all learners’ needs. This position includes US History, World History, Government, Economics, and AP/honor courses.
The candidate will also effectively collaborate with colleagues to integrate the History department goals and the school mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in History/Political Science/Economics or a similar course of study (Master’s Degree)
- Teaching credential general secondary or single subject (preferred)
- At least one (1) year of teaching experience as a High School Teacher, AP experience desired.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete them by due dates
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
- Ability to maintain files accurately, on paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Bernard High School (Playa del Rey)
9100 Falmouth Ave
Playa del Rey, CA firstname.lastname@example.org