Position: Geometry Teacher
Reports to: Dean of Academics
About St. Mary’s Academy
St. Mary’s Academy (SMA) is a Catholic High School for young women, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Together with the students’ families, the administration, faculty, and staff are committed to forming a Christian community that nurtures and challenges each young woman to attain her full potential. This effort is consistently characterized by respect for the individual, service to the “dear neighbor,” academic excellence, and preparation for higher education and the empowerment of young women who are inspired to take their places in an ever-changing world. This education promotes the formation and integral development of young women from various backgrounds and cultures and provides opportunities for the development of contemporary leadership while preserving the spirit that has made St. Mary’s Academy unique.
As a member of St. Mary’s Academy faculty, you will demonstrate a commitment to SMA mission and vision expressed through the CSJ charism of service to the dear neighbor. Through engaging, data-informed instruction that effectively incorporates technology to enhance learning, you will ensure students develop organizational, creative, and critical thinking skills needed for post-secondary success. Your commitment to excellence will be evident in your supportive, classroom culture, lesson planning, and intentional curriculum design resulting in growth of all students. In the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, you will create opportunities to for students to demonstrate spiritual depth and consciousness as they grow in their faith.
● Candidates must have previous experience teaching in a high school setting or with high school students.
● Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Math or a related field.
● Candidates must be knowledgeable, sensitive, and inclusive of all cultures and learning styles, in particular those served by St. Mary’s Academy and of the local community.
● Candidates must possess a willingness to promote all areas of CSJ education.
● Masters degree and/or California Teaching Credential
● Prior background and experience in the study, practice, and teaching of math courses
● Successful experience working with students and their families in a high school setting.
Compensation and Benefits
● Salary is based on prior work experience. Average salary of SMA teacher is $44K-$78K
● Medical, dental, and vision plan options are covered
● Teacher Coaching/ Professional Development
● Leadership Opportunities
● Faith Opportunities
Additional Duties: Additional duties include weekly yard duty, proctoring, study hall monitoring, after-school tutoring and substitute teaching. All Saint Mary’s Academy teachers need to feel comfortable with, and actively participate in, the spiritual and co-curricular aspects of the school.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent explaining your teaching philosophy and desire to join the St. Mary’s Academy community. Please include ways in which you would contribute to the mission and what elements of your background and experience make you a good candidate for our community. Please also attach a resume with your submission. Intent letter and resume should be emailed to email@example.com.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Avenue
Inglewood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org