Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks a full time Event Coordinator for the 2022-2023 school year. Applicants should be familiar with, and supportive of, the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school.
The Event Coordinator primarily works with the Office of Student Ministry, Leadership, and Service but will assist with the execution of all events on campus.
1. Reports to the Director of Ministry, Leadership, and Service as a staff position
2. Assists with the execution of all events and activities within the student activities program including, but not limited to: leadership workshops, the orientation day for new students, Welcome Day, the WALK Kick-Off Assembly, student motivation during the WALK collection period, all dances (including Prom), coordination of the Ring Ceremony and ordering of class rings, the Halloween Event, WALK Day, the Christmas Program, student elections (ASB, classes 9-12, and clubs), and Class Day.
3. In accordance with the Mission and Philosophy of Immaculate Heart, supports the office of Ministry, Leadership and Service in providing the school community with regular, meaningful opportunities to participate together in prayer and to receive the Sacraments. In accordance with the stated philosophy and mission of the school, aids in maintaining a dynamic community outreach program that engages the entire school community.
4. Assists with the coordination of all school liturgies and prayer services including, but not limited to: the Mass of the Holy Spirit, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Ring Ceremony, Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Mary’s Day, the Baccalaureate Mass, and Holy Days of Obligation.
5. Supports the implementation of the school’s retreat program in collaboration with the Director of Ministry, Leadership, and Service and Assistant Director, Ministry, Leadership, and Service.
6. Assists in coordinating student activity periods and arranges for meeting locations and relevant set- ups.
7. Assists with the Community Service program. Maintains and updates student service hours.
8. Other duties as assigned by the High School Principal.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience working with students
• Knowledge of Catholic Liturgies and familiarity with retreat planning
• Prior experience planning events
• Good communication skills and organization
• Motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
In the subject line, indicate position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information of three professional or educational references
• Unofficial Transcripts
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org