Bishop Montgomery High School located in Torrance, California, is considering applications for (1) High School English Teacher for 2022/2023 academic school year: Candidates should be qualified to teach all levels of English.
Primary Functions: To provide, as a member of the English department staff, a comprehensive English curriculum program for students in grades 9-12 as determined by the assigned levels of English. The candidate should specifically provide instruction to meet the needs of assigned classes; consult with the administration, and fellow English department chair & teachers, to enhance the student’s curricular growth.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Implement the high school English curriculum through delivery of classroom instruction; participate in the intervention process for students in need; plan appropriate lessons, pursue continuous professional growth, and attend all required meetings/in-service days.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• English teaching credential required
• Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with students, parents, and school personnel
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and complete by due dates
• Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
• Must demonstrate sensitivity towards students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with teenagers and their parents
• Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs (aeries, canvas, google classroom)
TO APPLY: Please submit:
o A statement of interest and philosophy of education (no more than one page)
o Copy of credential
o 2 letters of recommendation
o 2 references with contact information
o All materials should be sent electronically to Ms. Pam Altobelli, Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org (310) 540-2021 ext. 228.
Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance)
5430 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA email@example.com