Crespi Carmelite High School seeks a full-time academic counselor to join the Counseling Department for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year.
Crespi Carmelite High School’s Counseling Department operates on a grade-level model in which counselors progress from ninth grade through twelfth grade with the same cohort of students. Our school employs four grade-level counselors as well as a college counselor and a behavioral specialist.
Crespi Carmelite High School, established in Encino, California in 1959, serves male high school age students who wish to pursue a Carmelite college preparatory, Christian education in a Catholic environment. Dedicated to excellence and responding to the challenges of education in our time, we offer a holistic model of education emphasizing the spiritual, intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of our students.
In the spirit of the Gospel and the Carmelite tradition, the Crespi Community engages the student in three interlocking dimensions: Community, Prayer, and Justice. We seek to build a community that listens and bears witness to the divine plan through the promotion of justice in the service of the whole person.
Duties: Support and seek always to fulfill the guiding Catholic mission of the school, ministering to school community members in the tradition of the Carmelites. Apply research-based practices to establish a boy-friendly learning environment that is inclusive of multiple intelligences. Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well being of the department and the school as well as the collective and individual interest of school faculty, staff, and student body.
• Meet with students regularly to assess and improve academic progress.
• Function as a liaison between students/parents and teachers.
• Coordinate student scheduling processes, including schedule requests and changes.
• Collaborate with other school departments to meet student needs, especially as related to absences or other hindrances to learning.
• Participate in the formation of students’ character in conjunction with the Dean of Men.
• Administer and interpret the results of standardized testing.
• Assist families with requests for special needs accommodations.
• Provide counseling services to students as needed/requested by students, parents, and school personnel.
• Other responsibilities will be outlined during the interview.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to Vice Principal of Academics Alan Swaney: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crespi Carmelite High School (Encino)
5031 Alonzo Avenue
Encino, CA email@example.com