Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Meets with students and parents individually and in groups to discuss academic progress, course selection, and college and career plans.
- Communicates with parents regarding student academic progress.
- Monitors academic progress of students in caseload.
- Supports students social and emotional wellbeing.
- Works collaboratively with the counseling staff.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to stay up to date with best practices.
- Assists with all manner of counseling workshops and presentations for students and parents.
- Assists with PSAT test administration and test results distribution.
- Maintains detailed advising notes and records.
- Monitors student progress on Naviance, PowerSchool and LMS systems.
- Creates school based educational adjustment (STEP) plans for students with identified learning differences.
- Assists teachers with teachers in providing educational adjustments for students with STEP plans.
- Works with local school districts to facilitate assessment and IEP meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational requirements include a Bachelor’s degree and PPS credential. Master’s Degree in related field and 3-5 years of school counseling experience is preferred. Open until filled.
St. Anthony High School (Long Beach)
620 Olive Avenue
Long Beach, CA firstname.lastname@example.org