ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1955, Don Bosco Technical Institute is a private not-for-profit high school located in Rosemead, CA. The school is currently the only Catholic fully integrated college preparatory and engineering-science-technology focused school in the United States. We currently seek for the new school year a Full-Time High School Level Advanced Chemistry Instructor.
- Prepare and execute detailed, age-appropriate lesson plans which will include subject matter content, multiple instructional modalities, hands-on activities and varied assessments.
- Responsible for student instruction in the department of Materials Science, teaching plastics (polymer chemistry) and chemical analysis.
- Effective and focused classroom management and student engagement in courses and sections taught.
- Use MS Windows and Office Suite programs as well as Google Education Suite to enhance student learning.
- Must be English literate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related major is required; as is applicable experience.
- A background in teaching materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, organic chemistry, or polymer science is preferred.
- A valid California teaching credential is preferred.
- Experience in teaching guided by the California State Standards is preferred.
- Effective organizational skills are a must, as are excellent oral and written communication skills, and being comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Collaborative work skills are essential, as well as being open to new ideas and learning.
Salary range is $46K to $76K annually as determined by education level, work experience, and based on the faculty salary scale.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
School website: www.boscotech.edu
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770TechHR@boscotech.edu