Mother of Sorrows School is a Daughter of Charity sponsored school dedicated to serving children in underserved communities. Our ministry focuses on educating children and providing multiple supports for school families. Our school lives out the charism of the Daughters of Charity whose hallmark is to humbly serve those most in need.
Schedule: Available during school days and school hours (Monday-Friday; 7:30 – 2:00 p.m.)
Description: The Health Clerk assists with the school’s overall health and safety program. Health Clerk training, delegation and supervision is facilitated by the school nurse.
Areas of Expected Proficiency:
● School COVID-19 reopening and exposure management protocols including, but not limited: performing the role of liaison, task force team member and symptom screener.
School Health Program:
● Render first aid to injured and ill students.
● Assist students in taking prescribed medications with appropriate training and supervision by the nurse.
● Document provision of care as directed by the nurse.
● Assist nurses in maintaining health records and preparing reports.
● Maintain health office supply and equipment inventory and orders replacements with approval from Principal/Administrator.
● Assist nurse coordinate care, referrals and follow-up
● Collaborate with school mental health team as needed
● Maintain competence to perform the delegated tasks.
● Report observations and activities to the delegating nurse.
● Assist nurse with health screening programs
● Assist nurse with communicable disease control and prevention
● Assist with the schools emergency and disaster preparedness and during emergency situations, such as and not limited to natural disasters, threats on campus, etc. including classroom emergency backpacks
● Assist with chronic absenteeism tracking and follow-up
● Maintain all office forms current and stocked
● Communicate with faculty/staff, as directed and needed
● Perform general filing of paperwork/forms
● Maintain health room bulletin boards, decorated and updated
● Keep phone and email communications responsive
● Attend staff meetings, as directed and needed
● Participate and help with major school health related events, as directed and needed
● Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates Interested in Applying, please email resume and cover letter to:
● High school diploma/equivalent or higher
● First aid & CPR certification required
● Basic computer skills/software programs, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, electronic communication, etc.
● Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
● Effective communication skills
● Willingness to engage in a supportive manner is a must.
● Strong organizational skills in record management and task priority setting
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
Mother of Sorrows School (Los Angeles)
100 W. 87th Place
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com