Head Women’s Beach Volleyball Coach
Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Head Women’s Beach Volleyball Coach is responsible for coaching high school student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic volleyball competitions. The coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching Beach Volleyball program including; student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice, and game day coaching. Also, provide administrative support as assigned.
• Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
• Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
• Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
• Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
• Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
• Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
• Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
• Establishes and maintains standards of decorum and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
• Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
• Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
• Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
• Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
• Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
• Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with booster clubs, service clubs, community groups, and other organizations.
• Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
• Works with the Athletic Director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
• Participates in special activities to include fundraising, parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep rallies and assemblies.
• Maintains eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
• Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
• Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal and Athletic Director or other appropriate administrators.
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or a related field is preferred.
• Proven experience working as a Beach Volleyball Coach or Instructor.
• Sound knowledge of various coaching techniques.
• CPR and first aid certifications.
• The ability to motivate students.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
• A passion for Beach Volleyball
• Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
• Working knowledge of CIF Athletic Policies.
• Knowledge of the existing athletic system, state and league regulations.
• Undergo a criminal background check.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423moss@NDHS.org