Head Football Coach for 8-Man Football.
Seeking a coach with great communication, motivating and leadership skills and has previous coaching experience. Has the ability to coach all experience levels and fundamentals of the game. Will follow the philosophy and mission statement of the school.
Please send all requests to email@example.com
The varsity head coach has a special responsibility to ensure that all aspects of his/her team reflect the Catholic Christian philosophy of the school. The varsity head coach supervises the conduct of assistant coaches and team participants. The varsity head coach:
1. Strives to implement the philosophy of the school’s athletic program.
2. Carries out school policies on his/her team.
3. Reports directly to the athletic director.
4. Supervises all assistant coaches as to professionalism, ethics, adherence to school, CIF, CAA, and league policies.
5. Exercises complete authority over the varsity system during the entire season of a sport.
6. Confers with the athletic director on a regular basis and on his/her advice, arranges for the details, procedures and mechanics of his entire varsity system so as to ensure that there will exist a uniform and definite policy for the proper functioning of that particular activity.
7. Delegates various tasks and assignments to assistant coaches and student managers.
8. Submits team rosters to the athletic director.
9. Maintains in safe and working order all equipment and facilities pertaining to his/her particular sport.
10. Makes certain that all facilities used by their teams are secured during and after all practices and games. They will be held liable for all resulting occurrences due to any violations.
11. Reports all defects in equipment and facilities to the athletic director.
12. Purchases and stores uniforms and equipment.
13. Exercises responsibility for the coaches’ office, locker room, showers, and all other facilities in any way connected with his/her sport.
14. Assigns competent game staff (e.g. chain crew, scorers, timers) for varsity contests.
15. Collects paperwork (permission form, medical release, emergency card) from each athlete before allowing him/her to participate in any manner and forwards paperwork to athletic director.
16. Takes each athlete’s emergency card to the practice/game site.
17. Is accountable for the conduct of players at all times, especially traveling to and from games.
18. Keeps a log in his/her office in which any and all injuries during practices and games are to be recorded. Fills out an injury report form (time, cause, extent of injuries, and action taken by the coach) to be turned into the business office.
19. Checks with the athletic director before allowing a transfer student to participate in a sport in order to verify eligibility.
20. Reports all dropouts from a sport to the athletic director, who in turn will notify the vice-principal.
21. Avoids running up scores.
22. Reports scores of all games and statistics to the Daily Breeze and LA Times in a timely manner.
23. Determines awards to be given at the end of the season.
24. Performs any other duties assigned by the athletic director.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years coaching experience (High School or College)
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In subject line, indicate position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest: attn – SCHS Hiring Committee
Santa Clara High School (Oxnard)
2121 S. Saviers Rd
Oxnard, CA email@example.com