Head Men’s Tennis Coach
Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, college preparatory school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of students who are diverse in talent, ethnicity, and society. As a faith community, Notre Dame strives to provide each student with a rich academic background, an appropriate sense of self, an opportunity for growth, a commitment to family, community, nation and world, and a respect for the spiritual dignity of all persons. Notre Dame faculty and staff are expected to be men and women of integrity and able to espouse Catholic, Holy Cross, and Notre Dame mission values that will set a positive example for all students.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Tennis Coach provides training to students who wish to learn how to play tennis, improve their tennis skills, or compete in tennis tournaments. They coordinate individual and group tennis lessons, develop training programs based on students’ tennis skills, and evaluate students’ performance. They will also plan, schedule and implement a regular program of training and attend all practices, competitions, meetings and activities associated with the sport.
• Assisting students in developing and improving various tennis skills.
• Assessing students’ tennis skills to determine areas in need of improvement.
• Coordinating and conducting individual and group tennis lessons.
• Developing suitable training programs for students based on their age, objectives, and individual skillsets.
• Developing innovative ways to assist beginner students in learning and remembering the rules of the game.
• Identifying the learning styles that work best for each student and adapting all coaching methods accordingly.
• Providing a secure and productive learning environment for students.
• Scheduling meetings with students’ parents or guardians to discuss their progress.
• Attending students’ tennis matches, competitions, and tournaments as required.
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Sports Management, or a related field is preferred.
• Proven experience working as a Tennis Coach or Instructor.
• Sound knowledge of various coaching techniques.
• CPR and first aid certifications.
• The ability to motivate students.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
• A passion for tennis.
• Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
• Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
• Working knowledge of CIF Athletic Policies.
• Knowledge of the existing athletic system, state and league regulations.
• Undergo a criminal background check.
Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks)
13645 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423moss@NDHS.org