JOB GOAL: To instruct fellow program coaches and student athletes in the system, fundamental skills, strategies and physical training necessary for them to realize their God given talents as well as a degree of professional, individual and team success. In addition, under the direction of the Athletic Director and C.I.F. S.S. guidelines, to instill the values of good sportsmanship and fair play along with providing a positive Salesian role model for each student athlete.
SUPERVISES: Varsity assistant(s);assistant coaches; student-athletes; student managers and Booster Club Operations.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the sports program that he has been appointed to and is directly answerable to the Principal and operationally to the Athletic Director.
- Promotes and strives to enhance the positive aspects of the reputation of D.B.T.I. and its athletic department programs.
- Keeps informed and implements league constitutional provisions, rules and regulations as well as those of the school’s Athletic Department, C.I.F. S.S. Blue Book; C.A.A. Gold Book and National Federation Rules Book.
- Acquires and submits completed program schedule (all contests, all levels) to the Athletic Director.
- The ability to communicate effectively with student-athletes, parents, staff, faculty, administrators.
- Assists to make sure all coaches of his staff are CPR – First Aid certified and have signed the C.I.F. coaches “Ethics Code” prior to the first day of practice.
- Establishes and maintains standards of athletes behavior and provides proper supervision of Athletes. Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Conducts staff evaluations and recommendations to be submitted, at the conclusion of each season, to the Athletic Director.
Qualifications: Head Coaching or equivalent experience preferred. Two years previous high school varsity coaching or equivalent required. Valid CPR and First Aid card.
Don Bosco Technical Institute
1151 San Gabriel Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770
Don Bosco Technical Institute (Rosemead)
1151 San Gabriel Blvd.
Rosemead, CA firstname.lastname@example.org