Ramona Convent Secondary School is accepting resumes for a full time Academic/College Counselor whose job duties will include social/emotional counseling. This person will provide students with comprehensive, individualized and group counseling to ensure academic and emotional growth. The counselor will work with the faculty and parents to address any performance and/or strategies that will facilitate academic success. The position may include additional assignments depending on the needs of the school and the qualifications of the candidate.
Sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, Ramona Convent has empowered young women to develop academic excellence, dynamic leadership and spiritual depth for more than 125 years.
Our teachers are life-long learners, engaged the school community, and committed to helping our students develop the confidence and skills they need to make a difference in the world.
1. A Master’s or credential in counseling or a related field. Desirable qualifications may include LMFT, and at least 3 years of experience working with the academic and personal needs of high school students and parents in a school setting.
2. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making
3. Understanding of the needs of adolescent girls in a high school environment
4. Familiarity with UC, Cal State, and other college admission requirements
5. Familiarity with Naviance, a college and career readiness program
6. A team player willing to collaborate and share innovative ideas
7. A desire for on-going professional development
8. Ability to conduct classroom presentations
9. Ability to conduct parent presentations
10. Developing and maintaining effective relationships with college representatives
11. Conduct Peer Support Groups to address social/emotional problems
12. Quarterly parent meetings.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in which you address your qualifications as a high school counselor. Write “Academic and College Counselor” in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
Ramona Convent Secondary School (Alhambra)
1701 West Ramona Road