As a representative of Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, the Lead Sales Associate must provide a positive, helpful, and pleasant experience to all visitors. Customer Service is the highest priority. Work schedules may include weekends, holidays, and special Liturgical events. This position requires an expert knowledge of Catholic faith practices, sacraments, saints, etc., as well as cashiering, sales, assisting customers in store, inventory management, and over the phone inquiries.
The following duties and responsibilities are considered essential functions of the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service through engagement, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Exercise an in-depth knowledge of Catholic faith, sacraments, saints, and devotional practices. Knowledge of religious merchandise according to liturgical season a plus.
- Expert working knowledge of Point-of-Sale software programming (QuickBooks preferred).
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Responsible for staying up to date on all Mission San Gabriel Arcángel special events, Mass schedules and general parish information needed to answer customer inquiries.
- Consistently delivers superior customer service by combining sales, product knowledge, and other skills to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Assist the Gift Shop Manager with inventory discrepancies, inaccurate product data listed on through Point of Sales system, and inventory management.
- Management of stock through inventory controls and data collection from software system to assist the Gift Shop Manager with purchasing.
- Understands and acts on the procedures required for reporting low stock levels to Gift Shop Manager, inventory discrepancies, and customer product requests to Gift Shop Manager in a timely manner.
- Assists customers shopping in store, and over the phone, by providing product knowledge.
- Responsible for capturing customer information at check out and inviting customers to join our email subscription for future sales.
- Maintaining all merchandise display areas in a neat, organized, and appealing manner.
- Contributes to maintaining stockroom area in an organized and orderly manner. May be asked to produce interior displays, signs, floor plans and special promotion displays.
- Coordinates and executes physical inventory with Gift Shop Manager.
- Work with Gift Shop Manager to execute action plans to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
- Other duties as directed by Gift Shop Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma/G.E.D. (Some college preferred)
- 3 years’ experience in a retail cashiering/customer service position.
- Knowledge of Catholic faith and practices with preference given to knowledge of religious merchandise
- Point of Sale Software operating experience required; preference given to QuickBooks POS software exp.
General Requirements & Skills
- Prior retail sales, cashier, or customer-focused experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Availability to work weekends and holidays if needed
- Adapt to changing tasks and priorities as dictated by variable store environment
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
- Prolonged standing, walking, and climbing step ladders to reach merchandise.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Mission San Gabriel Arcangel (San Gabriel)
428 S Mission Drive
San Gabriel, CA email@example.com