The Funeral Coordinator at St Monica Catholic church is crucial in providing compassionate support and guidance to grieving families during their time of loss. This position is responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of funerals held within the church, ensuring that families needs and wishes are met with care and sensitivity.
- Funeral Planning and Coordination:
- Work closely with bereaved families to understand their wishes and preferences for the funeral service.
- Provide compassionate guidance and support to families in making decisions regarding the funeral arrangements, including liturgical elements and logistical details.
- Coordinate with clergy, musicians, liturgical ministers, and other relevant parties to ensure seamless execution of the funeral service.
- Arrange for necessary resources, such as liturgical materials, music, flowers, and Livestreaming as requested by the families.
- Liaison and Communication:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for grieving families, providing empathetic support and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Collaborate with clergy, parish staff, and volunteers to ensure clear and timely communication regarding funeral arrangements.
- Liaise with funeral homes, cemetery staff, and other external parties involved in the funeral service, ensuring smooth coordination of logistics.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Maintain accurate records of funeral services, including details of families, liturgical choices, and other relevant information.
- Prepare necessary paperwork, such as Mass intentions, memorial cards, and funeral programs, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Compile and maintain a database of funeral-related information for future reference and analysis.
- Pastoral Support:
- Offer compassionate care and pastoral support to bereaved families..
- Facilitate referrals to additional pastoral care resources, Bereavement support groups, or counseling services as needed.
- Collaborate with the pastoral care team to provide follow-up care and ongoing support to grieving families.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the teachings and values of the Catholic Church.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to provide compassionate support to grieving families.
• Sensitivity and empathy towards individuals experiencing loss and grief.
• Knowledge of Catholic liturgical traditions and rituals related to funerals is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications.
Education and Experience:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Prior experience in funeral coordination, pastoral care, or a related field is preferred.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Monica (Santa Monica)
725 California Ave
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org