The Maintenance Custodian is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of Church buildings and grounds. He performs tasks related to electrical systems, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, carpentry, and performs janitorial duties. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination.
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
The following tasks are considered essential functions of the position. To perform the job successfully an employee must possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
1. Performs all work related to the maintenance of parish buildings including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, janitorial duties, security of the parish and to do other work as required.
2. Maintains equipment on parish grounds by closely monitoring equipment and completing necessary testing as required. Also maintains accurate records of all maintenance repairs and performs repairs as needed.
3. Keeps buildings safe by making sure they meet building code requirements.
4. Works with Supervisor and Pastor to report problems, solutions, and costs associated. Provides a weekly status update on any pending project.
5. Promotes a positive team attitude with employees and volunteers.
6. Develops, oversees and may assist teams of volunteers providing parish maintenance services such as cleaning, painting, and landscaping.
7. Develops and maintains a relationship with all contractors and vendors ensuring efficient facility operations.
8. Regularly inspects parish properties for areas of concern.
9. Serves as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work.
10. Completes work orders as required.
11. Adheres to all Diocesan policies
Experience as a Maintenance Custodian preferable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Refrigeration equipment sufficient to monitor same.
• Basic carpentry and routine plumbing repair skills.
• Basic supervisory skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills are also required.
• Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping and bending.
• Ability to stand and walk for sustained periods of time.
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information of three professional references
Saint Madeleine Catholic Church
931 E Kingsley Ave
Pomona, CA 91767
Saint Madeleine Church (Pomona)
931 E Kingsley Ave
Pomona, CA firstname.lastname@example.org