Engineering and STEAM Instructor
La Salle College Preparatory is seeking a dynamic educator to teach a variety of engineering courses such as Tech Drafting Using AutoCAD, Science of Architecture & Engineering, and/or other STEAM/project-based related courses.
– Undergraduate Engineering or STEAM related degree;
– Ability to work collaboratively with peers to promote student learning.
– Ability to be flexible and imaginative when creating a hands-on STEAM curriculum for students.
– Able to integrate engineering concepts and principles into STEAM projects such as bridge and roller coasters building.
– Master’s Degree in Education and/or teaching credential;
– Experience working in the field of engineering;
– Experience working with high school students;
– Experience as a classroom teacher;
– Experience teaching in a STEAM Lab;
– Working knowledge of 3D design software, adobe acrobat, AutoCAD, Fusion360;
– Experience with web-based learning, SmartBoards and 1:1 (e.g.iPads) classroom settings, programming in various language such as Robot-C, Python, Java;
– Experience in a Catholic high school setting;
– Experience teaching in a hybrid model;
– Comfort with woodworking, including the use of various saws and power tools
– Ability to establish real-world expectations, hold students accountable, and create a working environment akin to what students will experience when entering the working world of engineers and architects;
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian educator;
– Actively support La Salle’s Mission, Philosophy and ISOs;
– Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
– Plan what students will learn, how they will learn, and how they will be assessed within a framework that features common assignments and assessments appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
– Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
– Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
– Provide regular and varied assessments of student learning to compile appropriate grades and properly determine what and how all students are learning;
– Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
– Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, including sharing best practices in pedagogy and educational technology;
– Work with appropriate administrators, the Learning Specialist, and/or counselors to support students that may have special learning needs;
– Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
– Prefect and supervise students outside of the classroom;
– Actively support the co-curricular programs of the school.
La Salle High School (Pasadena)
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, California email@example.com