St. Mary’s Academy seeks a dynamic and experienced Development Associate with a specialty in Database & Online Strategies for the 2020-2021 schoolyear. St. Mary’s Academy is a Catholic, private, college preparatory high school for young women, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, that shapes women of distinction who are committed to lifelong learning and service to the “dear neighbor”.
The Development Associate, Database & Online Strategies is primarily responsible for data entry/gift processing, invoicing, report production and analysis, and prospect management. This position is responsible for producing and mailing donor acknowledgments, tax receipts, and other reports as directed. In addition, this position manages all giving platforms and strategies for online giving under the direction of the Director of Development.
• 50% Database Management & Donor Relations
o Oversee all donor tracking systems and ensure proper data management standards, safety, and confidentiality.
– Constituent management, including but not limited to, gifts and records, contact preferences, notes, and digital record keeping for donor histories and financial audits.
– Work to ensure that all gifts of current and deferred assets (i.e., cash, stock, DAF funds, and other in-kind gifts – as well as bequests and pledges) – are properly recorded and acknowledged.
– Coordinate with the Director of Development and the Finance Department to ensure accuracy of revenue, monthly reconciliations, audit inquiries, and response(s) to donor inquiries.
o Responsible for gift processing and acknowledgement/tax letters.
o Prepares donor lists and donor reports on department goals, trends, and fundraisers.
o Maintains files and records of fundraising initiatives, goals, and major donors
o Coordinate and test all development technology updates.
o Ensure accurate and timely data pulls and report generation.
o Create and run queries for mailing/contact lists, and various financial reports
o Generate pledge reports, tracking outstanding gifts, and data extractions as needed for reporting and donor recognition.
o Update development dashboards for internal, external, and board reporting.
o Work with Director of Development to manage donor relations and stewardship plan.
o Manages the mailing distribution of the alumnae and school publications, Annual Giving Appeal, and other significant mailings to SMA constituents and friends.
o Coordinates and assist as needed to support events, donor engagement, outreach, and other fundraising functions.
• 20% Prospect Management Assistance
o Work with Director of Development to create donor profiles, wealth capacity updates, relationship status (e.g., discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship), and tracking reports.
• 30% Fundraising: Online Giving & Social Media Platforms
o Work with Director of Development to create ongoing solicitations
for online and social media platforms. Manages the on-line Giving Tuesday Program.
o Assist with analysis and reporting of online and social media solicitations.
Other duties and projects, as assigned.
• Three to five years of related experience with donor database administration.
• General knowledge and understanding development terms, such as “moves management”.
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and working knowledge of Windows.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, interpersonal, professional, excellent verbal, and written (including editing) skills.
• High degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
• Availability to work weekends and evening hours on occasion in support of SMA events.
• Non-profit experience and a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A team-player, the individual must be organized with meticulous attention to detail.
• Preferred: knowledge of payment processing systems, digital fundraising tools (e.g., text to give)
• The ability to work as part of a team and as an integral part of the faculty.
• A commitment to an inclusive, Catholic community.
Submit the following to St. Mary’s Academy through email to Kris Anderson, Vice Principal at email@example.com:
• Resume outlining qualifications and related background
• Cover letter with a description of why you want to work at St. Mary’s Academy
• Three professional references or two letters of reference dated within the past 1 year
St. Mary’s Academy (Inglewood)
701 Grace Ave
Inglewood, CA firstname.lastname@example.org