St. Lawrence Martyr is seeking a full time, responsible, Custodian to maintain and protect our school, parish buildings and grounds. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains premises, restrooms and working areas of offices, hall, and church buildings in clean and orderly condition. This includes dusting furniture, walls, fixtures, or equipment; sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing or buffing floors; removing trash; polishing furniture, fixtures, or trimmings; and cleaning restrooms.
• Operates power cleaning equipment to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Empties trash and garbage containers.
• Sets-up hall in various arrangements of chairs, tables, and other equipment; takes down and stores tables and chairs as appropriate.
• Notifies supervisor concerning need for repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
• Locks up all facilities at end of the day.
• Performs routine repairs and maintenance including:
o Minor electrical such as changing light bulbs, repairing switches and light fixtures, p.a. system, garbage disposals, changing air filters, etc.
• Minor plumbing such as unblocking toilets, fixing leaking faucets, etc.
• Follows procedures & safety for the use of equipment and power machinery.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 4 years working experience as a custodian or maintenance mechanic in a commercial or industrial environment.
• Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals.
• Routine plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair procedures.
• Operating cleaning equipment.
• Ability to:
o Follow oral and written directions.
o Frequently lift, up to, 50 pounds.
o Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping, and bending.
o Stand and walk for sustained periods of time.
o Drive an automobile and must possess a valid California driver’s license (Class 3).
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Lawrence Martyr (Redondo Beach)
1940 S. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA email@example.com