St. John Eudes School is seeking a full time, responsible custodian to maintain and protect our school and grounds. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises, as well as flexible for any additional tasks that might be required. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains premises in a clean and sanitary condition including: cleaning restrooms and working areas of offices, all classrooms and hall. This includes sanitizing workspaces, student and teacher desks, lunch tables, and any other high-touch surfaces. Jobs can include sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, sanitizing, removing trash, arranging and setting up chairs in the hall, and any other duties that arise during the school day.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Sets-up hall in various arrangements of chairs, tables, and other equipment; takes down and stores tables and chairs as appropriate.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance including:
- Minor electrical such as changing light bulbs, repairing switches and light fixtures, changing air filters, etc.
- Minor plumbing such as unblocking toilets, fixing leaking faucets, etc.
- Experience working as a custodian in a commercial, industrial or school environment.
- Cleaning procedures and use of related equipment and chemicals.
- Routine plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair procedures.
- Ability to:
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Frequently lift, up to, 50 pounds.
- Frequently perform tasks requiring climbing, crouching, kneeling, stooping, and bending.
- Stand and walk for sustained periods of time.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
St. John Eudes School (Chatsworth)
9925 Mason Ave
Chatsworth, CA firstname.lastname@example.org