The St. Agnes School FAMILY is looking for our next outstanding staff family member. Our focus at St. Agnes School is on sharing our FAITH, preparing our students for the FUTURE, and making time to have FUN! If you have a love for children, the required qualifications, and the desire to support the best learning environment possible for our students, apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Keeps property and classrooms/office spaces in clean and orderly condition
• Performs routine maintenance activities such as minor repairs to (plumbing, flooring, classrooms, etc.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, or vacuums floors
• Gathers and empties trash, clean receptacles and manage recycling
• Dusts surfaces
• Cleans windows, mirrors, and partitions with soap and other cleansers
• Performs heavy cleaning duties on a regular basis
• Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions
• Manages inventory of cleaning supplies
• Drives vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including industrial trucks, vans, or industrial vacuum cleaners
• Notifies colleagues and principal regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems
Our ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented. S/he will collaborate well with teachers, staff and administration; and respond to students reasonably and with loving kindness. This is a fully-benefited position.
Are you called to help us fulfill our mission, dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, psychological and social development of the whole child?
REQUIRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
● 18 years of age
● Previous custodial and grounds experience preferred
● Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
● Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; lift and move heavy objects and loaded push carts
● Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks
● Able to spend significant time in the heat and sun, or wet and cold
● Ability to climb tall ladders and work from heights; sometimes works on the roof
● Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
● Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies
● Other requirements as designated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and St. Agnes Church, including Live Scan fingerprinting and VIRTUS safe environment training
● Preference will be given to practicing Catholics
6:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m. (M-T-Th-F)
6:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m. (Wednesday)
(8 hours daily, 40 hours per week)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Agnes School (Los Angeles)
1428 W Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org