Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks an experienced Academic/ College Counselor for the 2022-23 academic year. Applicants should be familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school. Our students are immersed in an exciting and challenging curriculum that inspires a love of learning while demanding the focus and self-discipline necessary for success in college and beyond. Complementing the academic program, we offer a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to help students explore their interests and tap into their unique gifts and talents.
We seek an experienced Academic/ College Counselor for Grades 11 and 12 for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a full-time position and calls for a counselor who will work closely and collaboratively with other grade level counselors and as a member of the Student Services team.
The ideal candidate:
• Has the ability to provide guidance to students with academic and social-emotional concerns
• Is comfortable working with students, teachers and parents on academics and college admissions process
• Is knowledgeable of college admission requirements and has the ability to maintain relationships with college admission counselors across the country
• Is skilled in meeting students in groups to support social-emotional learning, academic planning, and to assist them with specific tasks in the college application process
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Has strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple online platforms
• MA in Counseling or related field, such as Student Affairs Administration
• Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred
• Experience working in an educational setting (high school counseling and/or college admissions)
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information of three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
• A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young women
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com