Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks an experienced Academic/College Counselor for the 2022-23 academic year. Applicants should be familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school. Our students are immersed in an exciting and challenging curriculum that inspires a love of learning while demanding the focus and self-discipline necessary for success in college and beyond. Complementing the academic program, we offer a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to help students explore their interests and tap into their unique gifts and talents.
We seek an experienced Academic/ College Counselor for Grades 11 and 12 for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a full-time position and calls for a counselor who will work closely and collaboratively with other grade level counselors and as a member of the Student Services team.
The ideal candidate:
1. Has the ability to provide guidance to students with academic and social-emotional concerns
2. Is comfortable working with students, teachers and parents on academics and college admissions process
3. Is knowledgeable of college admission requirements and has the ability to maintain relationships with college admission counselors across the country
4. Is skilled in meeting students in groups to support social-emotional learning, academic planning, and to assist them with specific tasks in the college application process
5. Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Has strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple online platforms
1. MA in Counseling or related field, such as Student Affairs Administration
2. Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred
3. Experience working in an educational setting (high school counseling and/or college admissions)
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
1. In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.
2. Letter of Interest
3. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
4. Name and contact information of three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
5. A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young women
6. Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org