Immaculate Heart High School, an independent, Catholic, college preparatory school for girls, located in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, seeks experienced French Teacher for 2020 – 2021 school year. Applicants should be familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic high school.
The ideal candidate has high school teaching experience and has strong classroom management skills, which allows the classroom to run smoothly and increases student learning.
This position includes all levels of French from beginner through level IV. As students matriculate through the different levels of French, students work to strengthen and increase fluency in speaking, writing, and reading. The teacher is expected to be able to effectively communicate in both English and French, allowing for the seamless transition from instruction primarily in English to the upper levels taught fully in French. The teacher will be responsible to work in an online student learning platform to assign and collect work as well as to communicate with families.
• Bachelor’s degree – preferable in French if not a native speaker
• California Teaching Credential
• Prior high school teaching experience
• Lifelong learner
Interested candidates should email the following to: email@example.com
• In subject line, indicate position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information for three professional references
• A personal essay describing applicant’s teaching/learning philosophy, especially as it would benefit young girls
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org