We are looking for a committed teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
• Able to teach elementary-age students
• Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
• Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
• Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments, etc.)
• Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
• Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
• Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
• Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
• Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse, etc.
• Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, etc.
• Willing to learn how to use Canvas
• Proven experience as a teacher
• Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
• Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with technology
• Well-organized and committed
• Creative and energetic
• Strong moral values and discipline
• Knowledge of CPR
• Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
B.A/Master Degree; Credentials (preferred); 2 years of experience teaching (preferred).
St. Paul Dual Language Academy (Los Angeles)
1908 S. Bronson Avenue
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org