The Assistant for Faith Formation supports the Director of Faith Formation, to help meet the needs to faith formation for our parishioners. This position is a part time, 20-24 hours per week. Official schedule will be formalized by the Director of Faith Formation.
The Faith Formation Assistant has responsibilities which include (but are not limited to):
• Serves as front desk office personnel
• Answers phone calls, emails, assists parents, students and parishioners with inquires and concerns
• Provides support to catechists by helping with teaching materials and supplies
• Perform general office duties and assists with mailings, flyers, reminders and programs
• Responsible for safekeeping and handling of cash/checks from tuition, retreats, special events…
• Provides support to the Director on day to day operation.
Data Entry and Reports:
• Responsible for data entry using Microsoft Office and/ or Parish Soft and generating reports such as class rosters, attendance, worksheets, emergency names, student records, tuition reports…
• Responsible for entering registration, tuition, and scholarship information into the Excel or Assess or Parish Soft.
• Prepare office reports on but not limit to: Children Faith Formation, Confirmation, Adult Faith Formation, RCIA, Adult Confirmation…
• Close out one year and set up the new catechetical year.
• Responsible for recording Sacramental Records: First Communion, Confirmation, RCIA, Adult…in Parish Soft, Sacrament Register, Faith Formation Sacramental Records…
• Maintain Catechist and Volunteer Database and Files. Prepare report for Catechists Requirements, Parish Report and Diocesan Census.
• Faithfully represent the teachings of the Catholic Church with integrity in word and action
• A fully initiated and practicing Catholic at least 21 years old with 1-2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting and environment
• Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills; verbal/written/computer skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher); website editing
• Ability to operate technology used in FF: computer, LCD projectors, sound equipment, copier…
• Have Catechist Certified Certificate (or be working toward it)
• Participate in ongoing education and the formation opportunities to fulfill the ministry
• Bilingual – English/Vietnamese/Spanish
• Able to lift a box of 50 pounds
St. Christopher Church (West Covina)
629 S Glendora Ave
West Covina, CA firstname.lastname@example.org