POSITION TITLE: Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: $65,000 annual salary
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
TIME COMMITMENT: 40 + hours per week
BENEFITS: Catholic Charities offers a full line of benefits to select from medical, dental, and vision. Prescription drugs, life insurance, case-balance pension plan, 403(b), vacation, 15 holidays, and sick leave.
ORGANIZATION PROFILE: Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego was founded in 1919 to provide service to those in need, to be a witness to the scriptural values of mercy, to advocate for justice, and to call all people of goodwill to join in these efforts. The agency responds to the needs of the poor in two counties of the Roman Catholic Diocese San Diego and Imperial.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Manages the building and facilities requirements for all Catholic Charities facilities and locations, including owned and leased real estate. Assists the Chief Financial Officer with special projects as requested in connection with facilities, real estate, and equipment needs.
Review and monitor expenditures related to facilities to ensure spending is appropriate and within approved budgets. Coordinate and maintain facility operating budgets for all appropriate locations in San Diego & Imperial Counties in partnership with the Program Directors and/or Program Managers, as well as the Controller and CFO.
Directly supervises contractors and vendors who provide services to the Facilities Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities of vendors in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include developing annual department budget in partnership with the CFO; planning, assigning, and directing work from contractors and vendors; addressing facilities-related complaints, and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FACILITIES OPERATIONS and MAINTENANCE
1. Develop and maintain records of alarm systems, contracts and emergency numbers for all locations. Serve as agency contact for alarm companies.
2. Oversee and monitor all facilities and maintenance vendor contracts at appropriate locations.
3. Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs for all locations based on approved budget.
4. Consult and advise utility use and energy conservation measures at appropriate locations.
5. Conduct semi-annual inspections of all agency properties to ensure any safety hazards or maintenance problems are repaired.
6. Schedule and monitor evacuation drills at all appropriate locations. Coordinate fire extinguisher training for all locations.
7. Develop and maintain a log of work requests and follow up to ensure they are completed in a timely manner by their respective location.
8. Respond to requests for in-kind donations and arrange for pick-up when required.
9. Contribute to grant writing as directed by the Chief Financial
10. Keep the CFO informed of any facility-related problems, issues, incidents and/or potential legal concerns so that the appropriate action can be taken in a timely manner.
1. Communication with IT staff, consultants, and providers to resolve service issues that may impact facilities
1. Coordinate routine maintenance of all company vehicles.
2. Verify quarterly sidewalk cleaning of locations if necessary, to maintain location appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in facility and/ or building operations management with multiple locations.
3. Excellent organizational & communication skills. Computer experience in Microsoft Office Software.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, policy and procedure manuals, and contracts.
5. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
6. Ability to speak effectively before the public or employees of the agency.
7. Ability to compile and maintain departmental budget.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- • Valid California driver’s License and current automobile insurance in compliance with agency requirements.
- • Successfully complete a DOJ/ FBI Live Scan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with the aid of equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Must be able to travel to various locations in San Diego and Imperial Counties to support the programs of the agency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply click here: https://catholiccharitiesdiocese.bamboohr.com/careers/58
Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego (San Diego)
PO Box 121831
San Diego, CA 92112SMendoza@ccdsd.org