To assist in maintenance, cleanliness, and minor repairs on the Saint Hedwig Church campus to the highest standards of appearance, cleanliness, safety, and functionality. To keep Saint Hedwig’s Church campus operating safely, effectively, and efficiently to serve the needs of our clergy, parish personnel, and parish community.
This person must be proactive, ethical, efficient, hardworking, strong maintenance skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasker, and have a desire to learn. Have knowledge and experience with the procedures, practices, tools, and equipment used in the operation and maintenance of Church facilities and grounds. Ability to react quickly, calmly, and decisively in a crisis. Flexibility in scheduling work hours according to the needs of the parish, which includes some evenings and weekends. The ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks without close supervision. Must have High school diploma or equivalent and possess a California Driver’s license. Must be committed to the mission of the parish and the administrator.
Two years of maintenance work experience, preferably in the church environment. Dedication to serving God and Saint Hedwig Catholic Church.
1. Help maintain basic operations and maintenance of the Church campus which includes routine and preventative maintenance and condition assessments.
2. Respond to requests for facilities repairs in a timely manner. Maintain record of requests for repairs, completion, and labor and parts costs involved.
3. Keep Church and campus clean at all times. Ensure proper safety signage such as “Wet Floor” is displayed when necessary.
4. Perform already established routine inspections of all Church buildings and grounds to insure proper repair, safety, and appearance.
5. Help with the installation and replacement of fixtures and appliances to optimize energy efficiency.
6. Perform basic repair on the irrigation system and ability to adjust irrigation time clock.
7. Perform basic repair and maintenance of Church campus plumbing suck as leaky toilets and sinks.
8. Perform basic repair and general maintenance of Church electrical such as replacing faulty electrical outlets, lighting ballasts, and basic wiring.
9. Ensure that fire alarm system and emergency generator, and emergency exit signs are maintained and in good working order.
10. Assist with required inspections, certifications and records for life safety equipment, fire extinguishers, fire hydrants, fire suppression systems, fire alarm system, and the roof and maintain records of inspections.
11. Assist in supervising with outside custodial, maintenance, landscaping vendors and communicating progress with supervisor.
12. Prep and paint interior and exterior surfaces.
13. Receive and inspect all merchandise delivered which includes documenting quantity and quality of merchandise received and provide packing slip to business manager and communicate where the items are to be stored.
14. Help oversee Quinn Hall and the kitchen operations during the day, some evenings, and weekends to ensure compliance with all Health Department, fire, and safety regulations.
15. Assist in setting up in Quinn Hall and other areas as required for parish events.
16. Inventories, assesses needs, and communicates necessary inspections and supplies that needs to be ordered to supervisor.
17. Perform other work-related tasks and duties as assigned
The physical demands of this position must be met for the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to walk, run, and work with their hands. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to perform a 2-person lift over 50 pounds.
St Hedwig Church (Los Alamitos)
11482 Los Alamitos Bl
Los Alamitos, CA firstname.lastname@example.org