Our Lady Queen of Angels Housing Alliance (“Alliance”) aims to provide safe, affordable, and sustainable housing solutions for individuals and families. We believe everyone deserves a place to call home, and we are dedicated to addressing the pressing issue of housing in Greater Los Angeles.
We’re seeking a charismatic visionary who is ready to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the Alliance and our collaborative effort to address the housing crisis in Los Angeles. This is a unique and transformational opportunity to help build the Alliance team and set the course for future work to make a significant contribution to the housing needs of the region.
The Executive Director’s primary responsibility will be to provide overall leadership, overseeing our operations, programs, and resources. This individual will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic plans, ensuring alignment with our mission and long-term goals.
This individual will serve as the principal resource to the Alliance Board of Directors and be a compelling spokesperson for the Alliance’s vision, strategy, and programs. In addition, the Executive Director will cultivate and maintain strong relationships with donors, foundations, government agencies, community leaders, and elected officials.
This individual will also be someone who understands the ethos of the Archdiocese and Catholic church.
With the mission of the Alliance to establish housing, the Executive Director is responsible for implementing and successfully executing the development of housing. This individual will be measured on the successful completion of housing projects within an established timeline and budget.
This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those in need of housing. The Executive Director will have the opportunity to spearhead innovative initiatives, forge strategic partnerships, and advocate for the cause we champion. Through leadership, this individual will help drive positive change and create a lasting impact on individuals, communities, and society as a whole.
Organizational Leadership and Management
• Lead the organization in the development and implementation of long-term vision, strategies, and goals
• Manage and inspire staff, leading the team toward a common mission
• Foster an organizational culture that drives results, innovative thinking,
• accountability, and collaboration
• Maintain an effective and collaborative working relationship with the Archdioceses leadership
• Serve as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and give strong direction in policy formulation and interpretation
• Serve as a compelling spokesperson for the Alliance’s vision, strategy, and programs among Board, staff, donors and other key stakeholders, and the community at large
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with donors, foundations, government agencies, community leaders and elected leaders
• Develop, manage, and monitor organizational budget in partnership with Alliance’s Board of Directors.
• Strategically link revenues and resource allocation to facilitate and manage agency and programmatic growth
• Oversee the presentation of financial and organizational progress reports to the Alliance’s Board of Directors and Archdioceses leadership
Experience in Housing
• Proven track record of progressively responsible management experience in complex housing development
• Experience or familiarity with local/state/federal government contracts
• Experience applying for, negotiating, and securing grants in the affordable housing arena
• Demonstrated ability to pursue outcome-oriented, mutually-beneficial partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders for the purpose of promoting Alliance’s mission
Real Estate Development Experience
• Demonstrable experience in housing development (affordable, for-profit, etc.)
• Ability to identify and assess opportunities for diverse types of acquisition and development of properties, new construction, and/or rehabilitation projects
• Deep understanding of compliance issues and tax credits requirements
• Experience overseeing, or a solid understanding of, property management operations and finance
Financial and Operations Management
• Fiscal accountability; proven track record of managing complex budgets
• Track record of maximizing both earned and contributed revenue streams
• Strong organizational skills and a business orientation that leverages and maximizes resources
Desirable Skills & Characteristics
• Deep commitment to the mission, values, and priorities of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, including a commitment to supporting the cultural diversity unique to the Archdiocese and Los Angeles
• An entrepreneurial mindset that’s a charismatic visionary
• Strategic thinker and visionary who can see the big picture and inspire others to work together toward that vision
• A builder, figuratively
• Experience working with community organizations and issue-focused or community-based coalitions
• Strong time management, administrative, organizational skills and the ability to be a self-starter
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as manage multiple projects and complex operational matters
• Considerable knowledge of the local, state, and federal procedures, policies, and regulations that govern the provision and oversight of affordable housing
• Ability to work with a wide range of entities and stakeholders, including government agencies and officials, neighborhood leaders and residents, donors, boards of directors, Alliance staff members, and independent contractors
• Demonstrated commitment to integrity and excellence
• Valid California driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
Highly Preferred Skills
• Fluent or working knowledge of Spanish
• Familiarity with Los Angeles and the region’s diverse neighborhoods and residents
• Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church structure and teachings.
• Experience working with under-resourced and marginalized communities as well as diverse populations, including families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
• Familiarity with housing compliance and regulatory requirements of various funding sources, real estate laws and procedures, land use, and zoning restrictions, mortgage and construction finance, and property/asset management procedures
• Experience leading a new organization in a start-up-like environment.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence from multiple stakeholders, including staff members and supervisors
• Excels in communicating the mission of the Alliance to potential partners and funders in order to inspire cross-collaboration, large gifts and investments
Download Job Description Here (PDF Version)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady Queen Of Angels Housing Alliance ()