Responsible for the development, organization, and promotion of parish events to connect, encourage, and engage parishioners and the larger community to grow in their faith, spiritual life, and parish life. This individual will also develop engaging content for the bulletin, newsletter, website, and social media that is cohesive with the goals and mission of the parish.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Administrator, staff, and parishioners to develop, organize, and promote parish events aim at evangelization.
- Coordinate with school and Faith Formation to engage families, staff, and students.
- Create daily and weekly social media posts, including videos, news update, prayers, resources, etc., to connect, inform, and engage parishioners and larger community.
- Organize parish events including set up, tear down, volunteers, flyers, audio equipment.
- Strong ability to lead enthusiastically and collaborate with staff and volunteers.
- Oversee all promotional activities including print, electronic, and direct mail.
- Develop and transmit weekly bulletin and e-newsletter content.
- Meet all deadlines for publications and respond to Yelp, Google, and other social media messages and reviews in a timely manner.
- Maintain, edit, and update information on parish website, and social media platforms.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring impact of social media
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Compassionate, ethical, self-driven, strong work ethic, punctual, reliable, and professional manner with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information about parish ministries and events in a creative manner and with attention to detail.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality regarding parishioners, donors, and employees.
- Elevated level of enthusiasm and committed to creating a dynamic and spiritual environment.
- Proven ability to be a leader with a positive outlook and be results-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple projects strategically and efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Advanced software skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong problem-solving and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible with varied hours to accommodate parish events.
- Experience in developing, organizing, and promoting parish events.
- Practicing Catholic deeply rooted in faith and discipleship.
- Advanced level of website and social media management.
- Basic Microsoft Publisher knowledge.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
Typical Working Conditions: Typical office environment.
Equipment Used: Basic computer equipment, keyboard, mouse, telephone, copier, scanner, calculator, and paper shredder
Essential Physical Tasks: Ability to sit at a desk for extended period with some walking, standing, bending, and lifting 30 lbs. Exposure to outside weather conditions during parish events.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: Cynthia Ramirez, Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Hedwig Catholic Church (Los Alamitos )
11482 Los Alamitos Blvd
Los Alamitos , CA email@example.com