Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced full-time English teacher for the 2023-24 academic year. Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Augustinian Fathers, is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
Villanova Preparatory School is actively seeking a part-time English teacher for the remainder of the 2023-24 academic year. Villanova seeks a qualified instructor who brings passion and excitement to the classroom and is able to teach multiple levels of the subject.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
● Be able to plan effective lessons that engage and challenge students.
● Communicate consistently with students, parents, and school personnel.
● Keep current and complete grading and attendance records.
● Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic education.
● Undergraduate degree in English or related field.
● Experience teaching in a high school environment.
● Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning.
● Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
● Master’s Degree in English or related field.
● Experience teaching IB or AP-level English courses.
● A California Single-Subject Credential in English.
● Experience with web-based learning and 1:1 iPad classroom settings.
● Experience teaching in a Catholic/Christian high school environment.
The salary range for this position is $68,000, prorated at the start date via the educational calendar, and at 40% for a full-time position. The starting salary is also based upon, but not limited to, several factors that include type and years of experience, education level, and expertise.
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
Submit a cover letter with a complete resume to:
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA email@example.com