A full time position.
Saint Monica Preparatory (SMPREP) is a parish, coeducational TK-12 day school, a ministry of St. Monica Catholic Community in the heart of Santa Monica. SMPREP has an over 90-year history of educating students for a life of faithful citizenship.
Saint Monica Preparatory is seeking a full-time English teacher for the 2023 – 2024 school year. Full-time faculty responsibilities include teaching 5 classes and serving as a grade-level advisor, and/or participating in co-curricular activities. Opportunities to integrate interdisciplinary projects and research are woven throughout the curriculum.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
Full-time faculty responsibilities include:
- Teaching 5 classes.
- Serving as a grade-level advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students.
- Participating in co-curricular activities including moderating student clubs and/or organizations and supervising grade-level retreats.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Cultivate an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging learning environment that reflects SMPrep core values and allows our diverse student body to grow and thrive.
- Exhibit a passion for content knowledge and a range of pedagogical approaches while teaching students within college-preparatory, honors, and/or AP English Courses. This position is likely for English 10 – World Literature courses and AP English Language.
- Create an environment in the classroom and in all areas of co-curricular responsibility that nurtures the development of the whole student.
- Show a willingness to engage students in meaningful learning experiences to foster an appreciation for English and its application in everyday life.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop an integrated and meaningful curriculum and student learning experiences.
- Serve as a grade-level advisor who is committed to the social and emotional development of students.
- Master’s degree and/or credential in History or closely related field and/or California Single-subject Teaching Credential in History
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Prior experience developing and facilitating Project Based Learning (PBL)
- A bachelor’s degree in English
- Knowledge of best practices in teaching English to high school students
- Experience using instructional technology
- An ability to convey enthusiasm for the subject matter and develop a positive rapport with students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
Compensation & Process:
- $52,000 – $94,000
- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Saint Monica Preapartory (Santa Monica)
1030 Lincoln Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org