Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, has been located on a beautiful hillside property in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles, California, since our founding by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in 1906. We continue to attract very talented and highly motivated young women who represent the religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of the City of Los Angeles and its suburbs. Our students are immersed in an exciting and challenging curriculum that inspires a love of learning while demanding the focus and self-discipline necessary for success in college and beyond. Complementing the academic program, we offer a wide spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to help students to explore their interests and to tap into their special gifts and talents.
We seek an experienced English Teacher who is a passionate educator and open to collaborating on departmental and interdisciplinary levels. This is a full-time position and calls for an instructor who will be responsible for teaching multiple levels of English, ranging from English I and World Literature to senior English electives. A key component of the IH English curriculum is the Jane Shaffer writing method. Classes occur in a rotating block schedule.
The Ideal Candidate:
• is an experienced teacher of English and can teach multiple levels with an emphasis on essay writing.
• relies on frequent and varied assessment methods to gauge student progress and provide feedback.
• enjoys the freedom and support to develop innovative teaching strategies.
• is willing to collaborate with other teachers within and beyond the department in our professional learning community.
• is sensitive to an academically, socially, culturally, and ethnically diverse, all-girl population.
• is comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment.
• demonstrates excellent classroom management, communication, and organization skills.
• is able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way.
• Prior high school English teaching experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Master’s degree is an advantage
• CA Single Subject Teaching Credential
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the subject line, indicate the position you are applying for.
• Letter of Interest
• Resume reflecting educational and professional background
• Name and contact information of three professional references (Current supervisor will not be contacted without prior approval.)
• Copy of college transcript and credential (at time of interview)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Immaculate Heart High School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com