Our Lady of the Rosary School, located in Paramount, seeks an energetic and faith-filled teacher with a strong work ethic and outstanding interpersonal skills to join our primary collaboration team. The chosen candidate will serve as an elementary teacher and be skilled and creative in word study, fluency, writing, and reading in accordance with CCSS standards. The teacher will prepare daily lesson plans with clear objectives, procedures, and assessments. The candidate should also be able to design a classroom conducive to the needs of various learning styles. The successful candidate must also be knowledgeable in integrating technology throughout the curriculum and using Google Classroom. This teacher must be willing to work as a team member and participate in the school’s community life, including additional duties as needed. The school teacher’s other responsibilities include: delivering a high-quality, rigorous, and practical curriculum; planning, implementing, and reflecting upon all aspects of instruction in the assigned areas to realize the school’s mission in a Catholic faith-filled environment.
• Teach academic skills, foster intellectual habits, and cultivate strong work habits to support learning.
• Design a rigorous curriculum that includes the school’s standards and the California State Content Standards and Common Core Standards.
• Plan, prepare, and implement lesson plans that utilize various instructional strategies and differentiate teaching based on the diverse and individual needs of all students.
• Implement classroom management techniques to create a nurturing, safe, and structured learning classroom environment.
• Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds.
• Maintain high expectations for students’ academic achievement and conduct.
• Develop and administer a variety of assessments to measure students’ growth toward goals and monitor student mastery of the content standards.
• Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction.
• Build positive and trusting relationships with students, families, and community members.
• Arrive at school no later than one-half hour before school starts and leave one-half hour after school concludes on weekdays.
• Strive to exceed standards on California Standards of Teaching Profession
• Participate actively in all professional development sessions and reflect on teaching craft to make improvements.
• Build positive and trusting relationships with students’ families and community members
• Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates.
• Adhere to school policies, procedures, and deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
Possession of a valid internship, preliminary, or clear multiple subject or single subject California teaching credential
A minimum of three years of successful, full-time lead teaching experience in reading/literacy is required.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Position Starting Date: August 1, 2023
Submit resume and cover letter.
A list of professional references with telephone numbers; written reference letters may also be provided.
Please submit the requested information to
Vanessa Rivas, Principal
Subject: Summer School Middle School Teacher Position
To access additional information about Our Lady of the Rosary School, please visit Rosary’s website: www.olrcatholicschool.com
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Our Lady of the Rosary School (Paramount)
14813 Paramount Blvd.
Paramount, CA firstname.lastname@example.org