St. Albert the Great School is seeking a highly motivated educator to teach at the elementary level. The accepted candidate is responsible for fostering the intellectual, social, physical and faith development of children in the first year of their elementary school experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
– Gives evidence of lived Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of personal faith journey; strives to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
– Help build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
– Demonstrate effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and by incorporating school and diocesan curriculum objectives in lesson plans.
– Demonstrate competence in teaching by demonstrating current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
– Develop and use effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress.
– Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively.
– Maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment.
– Cooperate with school administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
– At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
– Maintain confidentiality of information, display sound judgment in dress and general behavior.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– A Bachelor degree in education from an accredited university
– Teaching credential
– Experience teaching at the elementary level is preferred
St. Albert the Great School (Rancho Dominguez)
804 E. Compton Blvd.
Rancho Dominguez, California 90220TJohnson@la-archdiocese.org