St. Mark School is seeking candidates for elementary level teacher positions for the 2023-2024 school year. SMS takes pride in its strong academic program. Our goal is to help our children become active and confident learners who respect themselves, others and the environment. Our graduates have the academic and spiritual foundation to become responsible and well-informed citizens of the world. At St. Mark, we use the Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop model. General class structure is based on the “Predictable 5-part Workshop Framework” which can be found on the Lucy Calkins & TCRWP Colleagues Units of Study. Training will be provided, if needed.
This position is for self-contained classrooms. The candidate must be able to teach all subjects, including Religion. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with faculty and administration. The candidate must have clear communication with administration, parents, and students. In addition, the candidate must be a practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Catholic Church, and willing to support the teachings of the Catholic Church.
1) Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and hold a CA Multiple Subject Teaching Credential;
2) Have an understanding and ability to implement Common Core Standards;
3) Be knowledgeable of various online resources/programs to utilize for in-person teaching, as well as for distance learning;
4) Be able to prepare and implement lesson plans, instruct students using an effective classroom management style, monitor student progress, evaluate student performance, and maintain accurate student records;
5) Perform other duties and administrative tasks per school protocol and/or administration’s request;
6) Be an active Catholic in good standing with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Additional requirements: Virtus Certified; Live Scan through ADLA; TB Neg. Test Result; CPR Certification; Catechetical Certification (preferable) and Covid-19 vaccination or weekly testing.
St Mark School
912 Coeur d’Alene Ave
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Mark School (Venice)
912 Coeur d Alene Ave
Venice, CA firstname.lastname@example.org