• The instructional aide will support and implement the philosophy of Catholic education and American Martyrs School.
• The instructional aide will give evidence of lived Gospel values and will participate in building faith community.
• The instructional aide position is under the direct supervision of the classroom teacher. Curriculum planning time to be arranged.
• The classroom teacher will define specific goals and objectives for small group activities with students. Groups will generally be skill based. Under the direction of the classroom teacher, the
- instructional aide will instruct and monitor student’s application of skills and concepts.
- instructional aide will be respectful fair, consistent and professional in relating to students.
- instructional aide will promote self-discipline in students while reinforcing appropriate behavior.
• The instructional aide will work directly with students for approximately 75% of time (25% clerical /grading/ prep. etc)
• The instructional aide will be asked to do yard or lunch duty on a regular basis.
• The instructional aide will maintain a reasonable record of attendance and punctuality.
• The instructional aide will attend teacher orientation meetings at the beginning of the school year and be available for any faculty inservice regarding the health/ safety of students (i.e. CPR, first aid, disaster training)
Active Catholic, Bachelor’s Degree, Team Player and Positive Attitude.
American Martyrs School (Manhattan Beach)
1701 Laurel Avenue
Manhattan Beach, CA email@example.com