St. Bruno Catholic Church, located in Whittier, CA, is expanding our Youth and Family Ministry Team. We are seeking an individual to help form and accompany young disciples through First Holy Communion Prep, Club 345 (ministry for 3rd, 4th, 5th graders), and Edge (ministry for 6th, 7th, 8th graders). This includes regular faith formation sessions, retreats, Vacation Bible School, sacrament preparation, and Sunday morning Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
– Recruit and provide on-going training and support to a volunteer core team who assists you in accompanying young people to seek, know, and become Christ.
– Plan and execute all First Holy Communion, Club 345, and Edge sessions in conjunction with your core team.
– Collaborate with fellow Youth and Family Ministry staff to plan social events, retreats, Masses, and summer activities.
– Perform other functions as required by the Pastor and/or Director of Youth & Family Ministry.
Who We Are Looking For
– We desire someone whose relationship with Jesus and the Church is active, personal, and life changing. This is life lived to the fullest that is contagious for young people and their families.
– A love of engaging Elementary and Middle School Students and inviting them into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We are especially looking for someone who doesn’t shy away from deeper conversations with youth.
– Experience with recruiting and coaching a Core Team of volunteers.
– Ability to think strategically and tactically and are full of creative ideas.
– Willingness to take a risk, fail fast, and succeed often.
– Have youth ministry experience at a parish, especially if that experience is with Edge/Life Teen.
– A candidate gifted in leading praise and worship music is not required but would be a blessing to our young people and families.
Here Is What Makes This Position Unique
– You will work in a team environment with three other Youth and Family Ministry staff members.
Receive hands-on training and support from our veteran team in Youth and Family Ministry who have more than a decade of youth ministry experience.
– We have a supportive pastor, staff, and parish community who desire the best for our young people and their families.
– We recognize the need for balance. In order to have dynamic ministries, our staff realizes the importance of a work-life balance.
– St. Bruno Youth and Family Ministry is a vibrant ministry community currently serving 400+ young people and their families!
1. Practicing Catholic whose relationship with Jesus and the Church is active, personal, and life changing. This is life lived to the fullest that is contagious for young people and their families.
2. Will complete the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Virtus Certification.
3. Ability to professionally communicate and build relationships with both young people and adults.
4. A degree in theology, religious studies, or related field or working towards a degree in one of those areas is preferred.
– 35 hours per week (includes some nights and weekends)
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, then take the next step and send your cover letter, resume, and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Bruno Catholic Church (Whittier)
15740 Citrustree Rd
Whittier, CA email@example.com