We are looking for someone who is in love with their Catholic faith, has a passion for youth ministry in a discipleship model. Someone who can creatively and energetically grow an existing Confirmation Program and develop a youth ministry program relevant to young people. The candidate should be proficient with social media and technology. He/she must have motivational and leadership skills, be well-organized, and be able to create a Core Team of leaders for these ministries.
The responsibilities will include:
- Developing a High School and Middle School Youth Ministry Program;
- Coordinating and enhancing the existing Confirmation program by implementing a multifaceted youth program with catechesis, discipleship groups, service experiences, retreats, experiences of prayer, and relational ministry;
- Implementing a Teen-leadership program, to include training and evangelization; and
- Building an adult team of volunteers.
A Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proficiency in Spanish;
- A degree or certificate in Theology, Religious Education, Youth Ministry, or a similar field;
- Musical ability to lead praise and worship (especially with the guitar).
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. Joseph Church (Carpinteria)
1532 Linden Ave.
Carpinteria, CA 93013FrMartini@stjosephchurch.org