La Reina High School & Middle School in Thousand Oaks, California is invigorating its Volleyball program in anticipation of the 2020 season! We are seeking a skilled coach who will motivate La Reina student athletes to reach their highest potential. The ideal candidate will put students first, strive to educate the whole person, and make a difference in the lives of the students served. Responsibilities for this position include planning, organizing, and delivering appropriate coaching and guidance to student athletes with the goal that they achieve not only a high level of skill, but an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in the sport of Volleyball.
Practice Begins: Spring 2020
Regular Season Ends: November 2020
CIF Playoffs: If the team advances into CIF, coaches are required to continue coaching until the postseason ends.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Charge of the entire Volleyball program: Coach the varsity squad and supervise all lower level coaches and middle school coaches.
• Practice schedule: Practices must be conducted Monday-Friday.
• Athletic Banquet: Coaches must coordinate the athletic banquet with the athletic director.
• CIF/ Channel League rules: Coaches must keep informed and up to date on CIF and Channel League rules.
• Uniforms: Coaches must distribute and collect all uniforms in a timely manner.
• Education: Coaches must keep informed and up to date on current trends in the sport and attend sport-specific clinics.
• Year-end interview: Coaches must meet with the athletic director for a year-end interview.
• Prayer: Coaches must either begin or end practice with a form of prayer.
La Reina High School offers a competitive stipend commensurate with experience and demonstrated abilities.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review our school and curricular philosophy at www.lareina.com. To apply for the position, please deliver the following information via email address as provided below (No phone inquiries please):
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Experience as a club, high school or college-level Girl’s Volleyball Head Coach; expert at providing differentiated instruction to athletes of all levels.
• Be organized and demonstrate a strong desire to build the program at all levels
• Knowledgeable of the fundamentals and techniques of competitive volleyball
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• LiveScan Fingerprinting, Virtus training, CPR, TB Test
La Reina High School (Thousand Oaks)
106 W. Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, California firstname.lastname@example.org