Religious Education Program with approximately 100 students. This position is assisted by a part-time Administrative Secretary.
Director of Religious Education – approximately 30 hours per week.
As a representative of the pastor:
- The DRE implements the parish religious education program in accordance with the parish mission statement and goals.
- The DRE manages program content, staff and budgets; coordinates with other parish ministries and activities; reports to pastor and parish councils/committees as required. In addition, the DRE shall:
- Articulate a vision of catechesis and the catechetical process based on the major catechetical documents of the Church.
- Implement or support a program of catechist formation according to Archdiocesan certification norms.
- Aid catechists in utilizing texts and creative means to enable the students to learn and live their faith.
- Review, evaluate, and develop programs, mission statement, long- and short-range goals and objectives.
- Apply appropriate principles of human development, especially faith and moral development, to a catechetical program.
- Utilize appropriate methodologies of adult-centered and/or child-centered learning.
- Involve the family as an essential agent in the faith formation process, especially in the faith formation of children and adolescents.
- Use media and technology for effective program implementation.
- Incorporate service opportunities, and reflections on these experiences, in catechetical programs for adults, adolescents, and children; especially linking such opportunities to the fostering of peace and justice.
- Provide opportunities for participation in prayer, personal spiritual development and communal worship.
- In collaboration with the secretary initiate and maintain accurate records on students, families, catechists, and other participants.
Related experience required. Certified catechist preferred.
Master Catechist certification or participation in Master Catechist Program a plus.
Mary Star of the Sea (San Pedro)
877 W 7th St
San Pedro, CA 90731SisterMary@marystar.org