The Director of Recruitment and Enrollment plays the crucial role of recruiting, admitting, and enrolling new and transfer students to VDJHS and is responsible for meeting the annual enrollment goal set by the President. As the first point of contact for many students, parents and community members, the position requires both a commitment to the mission of VDJHS and an ability to build community and develop and manage relationships with local schools, organizations, churches, and community leaders. The position manages the daily operations of the Recruitment and Enrollment Department and the planning and development of all recruitment and enrollment related matters.
The Director articulates the mission, programs, and opportunities of VDJHS to prospective students, parents/guardians, elementary/middle school educators, principals/counselors, and other gatekeepers and thought leaders in the community. The Director must be able to adjust to changing responsibilities and maintain absolute confidentiality.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed as directed by the President and according to the established policies and procedures outlined in Verbum Dei Jesuit’s policy and procedures manual.
Understand, support, and implement the school’s mission as written in the Cristo Rey Mission Effectiveness Standards.
Collaborate with the President and other members of the school to set the enrollment strategy for all enrollment-related programs.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the department, including but not limited to:
- Excellent customer service and timely communication.
- Effective implementation of existing enrollment programs such as Eagle for a Day, Open Houses, local school visits, and the development and execution of the Enrollment Ambassador program.
- Oversee the mapping of recruitment areas.
- Communicate the mission of the school to the community and external stakeholders.
- Build external relationships designed to recruit students who fit the VDJHS student profile with Catholic, public, charter and other schools in surrounding areas as well as with community organizations and families.
- Staff management: lead the Recruitment and Enrollment Department; conduct annual and semi-annual performance reviews; run effective team meetings; provide subject matter expertise and support to direct reports; set and manage annual budget.
- Develop marketing strategies – especially with the design of promotional materials and use of social media and website.
- Assist families through the financial aid process, including the completion of income verification.
- Organize and oversee the interview and admissions process.
- Maintain databases and prepare comprehensive, data-driven reports about recruitment, enrollment, and retention for the President as well as the Cristo Rey Network.
- Attend and participate in Cristo Rey Network programs and professional development.
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Verbum Dei Jesuit High School (Los Angeles)
11100 South Central Ave
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com