San Gabriel Mission High School (SGMHS) seeks a full time dynamic and visionary leader to serve as the director of outreach and admissions. A creative team player who can bring forth recommendations for new recruitment and enrollment initiatives, marketing and communication strategies, financial aid leveraging strategies, retention, tuition net revenue strategies, and academic programs that align with the school’s mission, resources, and market demand. The position is responsible for leading institutional initiatives related to enrollment management: student success, retention, and recruitment. Responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the institution’s strategic enrollment initiatives and outcomes. The successful candidate will partner with all institution stakeholders including the Consultative School Board, academic leadership, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and colleagues to achieve strategic enrollment goals with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to campus-wide collaboration. Will serve in the administration and enhance the school’s enrollment management success.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all admissions, recruiting, and marketing activities for the enrollment management vision and strategic plan of the school by performing the following duties personally and/or collaboratively with the appropriate personnel.
- Plan the recruitment/admissions’ process for all incoming ninth graders, international and transfer students.
- Working with the marketing liaison to provide for the development and communication to the public of information designed to highlight the school’s programs for recruitment purposes.
- In conjunction with the Principal, maintain good working relations with Archdiocesan authorities and with other Catholic, private and public schools.
- Promote and maintain open channels of communication on matters of mutual concern with local cities and public school districts.
- Represent the school at a variety of public and social gatherings and other events for recruitment purposes.
- Collaborate with the Principal in continuous evaluation and redesign where appropriate in all aspects of the admissions program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants.
- Collaborate with the Principal, (and where applicable other stakeholders) to manage and oversee all admissions related documentation and dissemination of materials to prospective parents, students and stakeholders in conjunction with the entire Administration.
- Direct and form the student ambassador leaders and other volunteers for marketing and outreach efforts including, but not limited to admissions and marketing events as well as summer programming for middle schoolers.
- Collaborate with the Principal, (and where applicable, other stakeholders) throughout the admissions process.
- Open to professional development opportunities as well as offering those opportunities to all stakeholders for the good of the enrollment management plan.
- Attend required in-services, staff meetings and DCS admissions/marketing training meetings and workshops.
- Represent the School on Boards and Committees as required by the Principal.
- Provide regular reports to the school board, committees, and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- A commitment to Catholic education and to the charism of the school’s affiliated religious order the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose;
- Superior administrative and oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, courtesy, diplomacy and tact with a variety of stakeholders;
- Proficient in technology especially Microsoft and the Google Suite and able to learn information systems of the school like SchoolAdmin, Little Green Light, Aeries etc.;
- Previous experience directing programs;
- Ability to work with and lead faculty/staff, students, and volunteers at various levels;
- Understanding marketing practices and sales techniques;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a strategic focus;
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- BA and/or Masters in Related Field
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com
San Gabriel Mission High School (SGMHS) is a college-preparatory Catholic high school located on the historic grounds of the San Gabriel Mission. In the Dominican and Claretian traditions, our faith-driven community provides a safe environment for young women to grow as spiritual, intellectual, creative, and athletic leaders. Our financially accessible opportunities serve a diverse and inclusive student body of local, commuter, and international students in the Greater Los Angeles area. Visit us at www.sgmhs.org
San Gabriel Mission High School (San Gabriel)
254 S Santa Anita St.
San Gabriel, CA firstname.lastname@example.org