St. Monica Catholic Schools are part of the St. Monica Catholic Community, located in the city of Santa Monica, California. St. Monica Catholic Elementary School, founded in 1930, serves students from TK – 8. SMCES strives to provide a holistic Catholic education to Faithful Learners who are Young Citizens of the World. St. Monica Catholic high School, founded in 1937, serves students from grades 9 through 12. As a college preparatory school, SMCHS offers a comprehensive academic program that includes college prep, AP and honors courses as well as a strong selection of electives and extracurricular activities. Both schools work with the parish mission of “forming loving disciples who will transform the world.”
Summary of Job:
Under the direct supervision of the President of Schools, and working closely with the schools’ principals and advancement team, the Director of Marketing Communications will work to develop, implement, and maintain an annual strategic internal and external communications plan that is broad and comprehensive. This plan will create the basis for a marketing plan designed to promote clear communication and promote enrollment and fundraising as well as alumni and current parent engagement. This position is a member of the schools’ advancement team which works with both schools; the team includes: Directors of Advancement, Advancement Operations, Admissions, and Special Events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Marketing Communications will:
– Identify areas of internal and external communication that need attention and support following an audit of systems in place.
– Oversee the production of a variety of materials meant to increase the Schools’ visibility and competitive positioning.
– Establish an annual communications and marketing (Digital, Social, and Traditional) calendar that includes production schedule for all print and electronic materials, internal and external correspondences, and specific marketing projects.
– Oversee and manage the direction and maintenance of St. Monica Schools’ websites while updating content regularly and ensuring site accuracy.
– Oversee and manage St. Monica Schools’ social media presence.
– Develop strategies and manage the timely production of all admissions marketing materials, including but not limited to: website, social media presence, admissions packets, advertisements and banners, in conjunction with the Schools’ admissions teams. Additionally, develop strategies to recruit prospective students and engage alumni and families in recruitment.
– Develop, execute and oversee the marketing and campaign plans that engage internal and external constituents in the support and promotion of our schools.
– Develop Search Engine Optimization strategy (goals, target geography/audience, priority content/landing pages) based on site authority, content, and business goals while improving organic search performance.
– Build collaborative relationships and leverage subject-matter experts internally and externally – i.e., freelance, industry influencers, internal thought leaders, academic liaisons, parents, students, alumni, and partners – as well as developing craft press-worthy stories and building content programs around them.
– Oversee digital asset management to curate useful visual assets and ensure that a library of (current and relevant) assets are available for easy design use
– Manage the communications and marketing budget within the overall Advancement Department budget.
– Ensure consistent branding of all Schools’ print and electronic materials.
– Perform other duties in support of the President of St. Monica Catholic Schools.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
St. Monica Catholic Schools provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our schools comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
– Ability to be an ambassador for the Schools’ mission
– Bachelor’s degree/advanced degree in English, journalism, communications, or marketing
– At least 5 years of experience in Marketing/Communications with private or independent schools or other nonprofit organizations.
– Experience in the development and execution of marketing/advertising plans
– Outstanding organizational and presentation skills as well as strengths in writing, editing and proofreading.
– Creative and artistic vision and direction.
– Experience in desktop publishing design and management of design production.
– Proven track record as an independent and goal-oriented manager with a dedication to deployment and making deadlines.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2021 although review of resumes will start as they are received. Please add Director of Marketing Communications to the subject line. No phone calls, please.
St. Monica Catholic Schools (Santa Monica)
1011 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA firstname.lastname@example.org