Villanova Preparatory School, a private, co-ed Catholic Augustinian college preparatory school located in beautiful Ojai, California, is seeking an experienced Director of Marketing and Events.
Villanova Preparatory School, operated under the ownership of the Order of St. Augustine in California, is an International Baccalaureate school accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and
Colleges. The school attracts highly talented and highly motivated students seeking a quality educational experience rooted in the Catholic Augustinian tradition.
The Director of Marketing and Events will work closely with the Headmaster, Admissions Office, and Development Office in designing and overseeing a marketing strategy that will achieve the enrollment and fundraising goals as well as increase the brand awareness of Villanova Preparatory School.
The director will ensure that Villanova Preparatory School’s marketing materials, publications, website content, press releases, events, and other communications properly support and reflect the strategic mission and goals of Villanova Prep.
The Director of Marketing and Events will work collaboratively with the Director of Admission and Director of Development and will report directly to the Headmaster.
1. Collaborate with the Headmaster, the Director of Admission, and the Director of Development, to create and implement Villanova promotional campaigns that are designed to increase brand awareness, donor engagement, enrollment, and interest in the school.
2. Working with various departments to help plan and organize key Villanova outreach events, including Open House, Parent Weekend, Auction, Golf Tournament, Revisit Day, and Alumni BBQ.
3. Ensure that all marketing, communication, and materials reflect the Catholic and Augustinian mission of Villanova.
4. Maintain and regularly update the official Villanova website and social media platforms.
5. Maintain a database of all traditional press and social media mediums within Villanova’s targeted cities and regions and regularly send newsworthy articles and press releases in a timely manner.
6. Collaborate with the Admissions Team to ensure that all admissions-related documentation and materials to prospective parents, students, and stakeholders are consistent with and in line with the Villanova mission and tradition.
7. Develop and maintain marketing department expenses within budgetary guidelines as approved by the Headmaster and Board of Directors.
8. Prepare, and submit regular Marketing reports to the Headmaster, the Administrative Team, and the Board of Directors.
9. Attend required staff meetings and recommended professional development opportunities.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Headmaster.
● A commitment to Catholic and Augustinian education.
● Uphold and model a moral code that is consistent with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the mission of Villanova.
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
● A college degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
● Previous experience in marketing, communication, and event planning.
● Ability to communicate effectively and articulately to all stakeholders, written and verbal.
● Familiarity with Google Docs, graphic design programs, image and video editing software, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), SEO/SEM, and website management.
● Excellent leadership, organizational, and team-building skills.
● Self-starter who is able to perform with minimal supervision.
● Displays a strong work ethic, good interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
● Ability to be professional, creative, and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
● Willingness to attend on and off-campus school-sponsored and community events.
● Flexibility to be available on evenings and weekends for Villanova events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a complete resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Brian Grisin, Headmaster
Villanova Preparatory School
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA 93023
Villanova Preparatory School (Ojai)
12096 N. Ventura Ave.
Ojai, CA firstname.lastname@example.org