Performs reception and routine clerical duties, provides secretarial and administrative support to Pastor, Associate Pastors, Director of Administration, and designated parish staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors and notifying the appropriate person of their arrival; uses tact and discretion when listening to parishioners in need of assistance, referring them to priests and others as appropriate.
- Performs routine clerical duties as requested such as typing letters or memos , folding and stuffing envelopes as requested by the Pastor, Director of Administration and other Ministry Directors.
- Actively supports philosophy and goals of the Church; participates in Church activities including attending events; assist with ministries and other activities as requested by the Pastor or Director of Administration.
- Maintain parish records (e.g., new member registrations, baptisms, marriages, altar servers, etc.) on computer; may generate reports, lists and labels. May also maintain such records manually.
- Gathers and compiles information and prepares lists of Church members for various purposes.
- Gathers and collates information, types copies, and prepares bulletin inserts.
- Performs related duties as required, collects and issues receipts for all payments.
- Provides general secretarial duties, including scheduling mass intentions and provides copies of sacramental certificates.
- Supports personnel and volunteer members in a courteous manner as needed.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills sufficient to answer telephones, take messages, follow instructions, and file or locate documents.
- Manual skills to assemble materials, stuff envelopes, file, operate copy machine and computer for data entry; knowledge of current word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Familiarity with data entry on a computer
- Knowledge of standard office methods and business etiquette
- Knowledge of church policies and organizations
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St Denis Church (Diamond Bar)
2151 S. Diamond Bar Blvd
Diamond Bar, CA firstname.lastname@example.org